As a crystal spirituality expert, I always advise beginners to be careful with the crystals they choose for their practice. While many crystals can provide healing benefits, there are some that should be avoided for various reasons. Below are some crystals that beginners should avoid as they need to be protected from exposure to sunlight:
• Amethyst: This crystal is known for its calming properties and is often used to aid in meditation. However, amethyst can fade if exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.
• Ametrine: Ametrine is a combination of amethyst and citrine and is said to have properties of both crystals. Similar to amethyst, ametrine can also fade if exposed to sunlight.
• Apatite: Apatite is a blue-green crystal that is often used to stimulate the third eye chakra. However, it is a soft stone and can be easily damaged if exposed to sunlight or other elements.
• Aquamarine: This blue-green crystal is associated with the throat chakra and is often used for communication and self-expression. While it is a durable crystal, it can fade if exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.
• Aventurine: Aventurine is a green crystal that is often used for luck and prosperity. However, it can become discolored or even crack under exposure to sunlight.
• Beryl: Beryl is a variety of minerals that includes aquamarine and emerald. While these crystals are popular for their vibrant colors, they can also fade if exposed to sunlight.
• Calcite: Calcite is a soft crystal that can easily be scratched or damaged. It can also dissolve if exposed to water, making it a crystal that must be handled with care.
• Celestite: Celestite is a light blue crystal that is often used for communication and spiritual growth. However, it can be damaged if exposed to sunlight or high temperatures.
Overall, beginners should be aware of the crystals they choose and how they need to be cared for. While these crystals may need extra attention, there are still plenty of other crystals that beginners can incorporate into their practice without worry.
Table Of Contents
- 1 The Importance of Choosing the Right Crystals for Beginners
- 2 Understanding the Risks of Sunlight Exposure on Crystals
- 3 Specific Crystals to Avoid Placing in Direct Sunlight
- 4 Amethyst: A Crystal that Needs Protection from Sunlight
- 5 Other Delicate Crystals to Keep Away from Sunlight
- 6 Crystal Care Tips for Safekeeping of Apatite, Aquamarine, Aventurine, Beryl, Calcite, and Celestite
The Importance of Choosing the Right Crystals for Beginners
Crystals are powerful tools that can aid in spiritual growth, healing, and energy balancing. However, as a beginner, it’s crucial to choose crystals that are safe and easy to work with. Some crystals can be too overwhelming or even harmful if used improperly. Therefore, it’s essential to be aware of what crystals to avoid and which ones to begin your crystal collection with.
Understanding the Risks of Sunlight Exposure on Crystals
While sunlight is vital for many living beings, it can be damaging to some crystals. Sunlight exposure can bleach, fade or even crack certain types of crystals. Direct sunlight is especially harmful to crystals that are sensitive to heat or light, making it essential to be aware of which crystals to protect from sunlight exposure.
Specific Crystals to Avoid Placing in Direct Sunlight
While many crystals are safe to expose to sunlight, there are a few that aren’t. Some delicate crystals can become damaged or discolored when exposed to sunlight. Here are a few crystals that should be kept away from direct sunlight:
Amethyst: A Crystal that Needs Protection from Sunlight
Amethyst is one of the most popular and powerful crystals used in spiritual practices. However, it is also one of the most susceptible to sunlight damage. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause the amethyst to fade, lose its color and even turn yellow. So, it’s best to keep your amethyst crystals away from direct sunlight exposure.
Other Delicate Crystals to Keep Away from Sunlight
Apart from amethyst, several other crystals need to be protected from sunlight exposure. These include Apatite, Aquamarine, Aventurine, Beryl, Calcite, and Celestite. Each of these crystals can lose their color, texture, and structure when subjected to sunlight. Therefore, it’s best to store them in a cool, dark place to preserve their integrity.
Crystal Care Tips for Safekeeping of Apatite, Aquamarine, Aventurine, Beryl, Calcite, and Celestite
To keep these delicate crystals safe and well-preserved, here are some crystal care tips to follow:
- Store them in a cool, dark place such as a drawer or a cupboard
- Wrap them in a soft cloth to avoid scratches or damage
- Avoid exposing them to heat or sunlight
- Clean them gently using water and a soft cloth, avoiding harsh chemicals or cleaners
- Charge them using moonlight or other non-sunlight sources of energy
In conclusion, choosing the right crystals is crucial for beginners, and it’s essential to know which crystals to avoid and how to care for them properly. Sunlight exposure can be damaging to certain crystals, and it’s best to keep them in a cool, dark place to avoid any damage. By following these crystal care tips, you can safely store and preserve your delicate crystals for years to come.